Sunday, November 15, 2009
Labels: Weight Watcher Fun
Monday, November 09, 2009
I'm easily annoyed. Really. Ask my mom. I'm not proud of it...it's just how I am. I get annoyed at (seemingly) the littlest of things. I mean, I don't think they're little (Mega Super Constant Fakey Coughing Guy?!...that is NOT a little thing).
So when I say that I'm super wicked impressed by someone, please believe me. And lately, I've been introduced to a blog world filled with the most impressive women. Astoundingly, creatively, happily impressive women. And so, I'd like to take Mondays to introduce to you the women on the blogosphere that have been Changing.My.Life.
First up - Mermag. Cute Merrilee is the wife of a guy I acted with in many a BYU theatre production (Teresa - is it a hanging preposition if it's in the middle of the sentence? Should I have said, "with whom I acted"?...speaking of getting annoyed...). He played my brother in my senior project...brilliant dude. Merrilee is super artistic and cute and together with her husband have produced 2 of the most adorable blond-headed boys EVER (of course after Max & Axel, the cutest blond-headed nephews EVER.)
Merrilee is an artist - see?
Marrilee is a homemaker. See?
They just moved to the L.A. area and here she is decorating her new home...no...that's NOT a page from Martha Stewart's Living.
Merrilee is a hostess. See?
This is THE most adorable children's birthday party. It's a Peter Pan theme birthday party for her oldest son and all the children came dressed as a character (with her husband showing up as Captain Hook!). Also one time she threw her friends a tea party...oh, Marilee...invite me next time, k?
This adorable travel desk was made AND DESIGNED by Merrilee. ...Fer rils?! Now her creativity is just getting ridiculous. My nephew Max travels to Colorado and Idaho to see family lots...someday when I have (and know how to use) a sewing machine, I'd like to make one of these for him.
Dear Readers, this is Merrilee. I have loved discovering her blog and being constantly inspired (and, ok, intimidated) by her creativity. ...You should too.
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
*warning- here comes some cupcake reviews...
We got to see one last friend - wonderful Becah Davis, sister to two of my very best friends, Tini and Heather, stopped by our hotel before we left with a box of Sprinkles cupcakes. Wasn't that the nicest ever? Nicest.Ever. And also...Sprinkles is yummy. Super yummy. Tastes a lot like Crave...it'll be interesting when our Sprinkles opens up just down the street from Crave...hmmm...The vanilla was amazing. The Red Velvet...red velvet-y (really people? it's just a color...). The pumpkin was...eh.
Monday, November 02, 2009
*I promise to talk about my weekend trip to San Francisco as soon as I get the pictures uploaded to the computer. In the meantime...allow me to babble.*
I like lists. And I like not being original. So when NieNie listed her favorite things today, I thought - "Good idea, NieNie! Can I do that too?" ...And I'm taking her silence as a yes. Sooo...
- Andrew. This man will ALWAYS be on my list of favorite things. Truly...I sometimes can't believe how insanely lucky I am that this man fell in love with me. Seriously? He's so hot.
- My Fitness Coach - this Wii game has changed my life. I.Kid.You.Not. You don't need a Wii Fit to play it. It's basically like a virtual aerobics instructor. If you're having a hard time getting motivated to exercise, get this game. Do it. ...Stop your whining and just do it
- Downeast Basics - Um...I have a problem. I am addicted to this place. I literally have a section of my closet devoted to Downeast tees and camis and it's a rare day indeed when I'm not wearing one (I'm wearing 2 today...so there). And now I'm falling in love with their regular clothes. I already have this. But...Oh my word...love this. And this. And oh my THIS.
- The Pioneer Woman - I feel a bit behind having just discovered her. But dear readers, if you do not know Ree Drummond, stop your sucking and GET TO KNOW HER. I fall into her recipes and photos...fall. Her first cookbook just came out and it's now on the top of my Christmas list.
- Caramel Popcorn - more specifically, my mother's caramel popcorn. It's sticky and gooey and when you get to the bottom of the bowl, a spoon is necessary to get all the leftover caramel...I put this on my list not because I've had it recently (it's probably been close to 10 years...) but because I've been thinking about it...a LOT. I've moved past "crave" and I'm knee-deep in "need". Mommy...if you're reading this...could you please make me some? There's a lamb...
- Friends - I've been incredible thankful lately for really amazing friends. When I was growing up, I made friends easily. I had lots of friends, even lots of best friends. But as I've gotten older, I think I've grown pickier...(I also became really great friends with myself so sometimes I would rather be alone then be with people that were only so-so). I am lucky to have the Best Friend in the world, the amazing Triumvirate, Anne Friend, Club Awesome, and my monthly Bunco group. *sigh* I love friends.
What's making YOU happy right now?