Thursday, September 23, 2010

French Fridays With Dorie


Dear Readers, I am embarking on a new and exciting journey. Sure, sure, motherhood. But ALSO....I am going to be cooking and baking my way through Dorie Greenspan's newest cookbook "Around My French Table".


Remember how I served my mission in France? Well, I did. And I ate a LOT of French food there (seriously...it was, like, everywhere). But what I did NOT do a lot of was COOK French food. My mission was very big into creme fraiche pizzas and burrito fetes (holla, France Bordeaux Mission!). And while I did learn how to make a mean crepe, I didn't acquire a lot of skills in the French kitchen (or la cuisine) (...and no I did NOT just have to look up that very simple 8th grade French word online.....*sigh*).


So imagine my excitement when that too-cool-for-school group of food bloggers who started "Tuesday's With Dorie" decided to celebrate Ms. Greenspan's latest beast of a cookbook by creating the group "French Fridays With Dorie"! No really...imagine it. ...See?! I was really excited! I sneakily added the book onto an Amazon.com order of birthday presents for Andrew and it showed up in my mail 2 days ago. And dear readers...I devoured it. I read the first 120 pages the moment I opened it. I LOVE this cookbook. It's gorgeous and interesting (she writes a little intro for every recipe!) and full of The Yummiest Food This Planet Has Ever Conceived.


And guess what?! I get to blog about this group every Friday!! We'll be starting October 1st. And every Friday to follow, I will blog about making one of Dorie's French food creations. (I will NOT, however, be posting the recipe. ...For that, you gotta get your own book, yo.)


Want to join the group?! Go here.


And watch this space for my weekly journey into the art of French Cooking. (...I just rocked your world with the idea of me blogging weekly, didn't I?)

5 comments:

Soeur Bernson said...
2:53 PM  

Holla, right back atcha! Ummm... so there is a very good chance that I will be making a quick jaunt to B&N and totally copying you. Besides the fact that I'm totally Single White Femaling you anyways -- how fun would this be?

Sufoot said...
2:59 PM  

Oh My...Soeur Bernson (nice alias, btdub)...will you PLEASE copy me?! And then we can compare notes? And be awesome at the same time - which we totally are anyway but this would be even MORE awesome? Do it...don't think, just DO.

dorie said...
6:15 PM  

It's great that you're going to be cooking along with FFwD. The group is going to be terrific! Bienvenue.

Mackenzie said...
9:07 AM  

Hey Keller!!! It is Huish! I am so glad you posted your blog info on Facebook. I have been looking for an amazing French cookbook, because, while my crepes take second to only yours, I would LOVE to be able to make some of that delish food that we gobbled down at mangez-vous!

I am heading over to the B&N now....

Bisous...ma soeur! Tu es ma soeur!! ;)

Bernie said...
3:57 PM  

It's like a little MFB reunion all up in your blog, Keller! I love it.

I'm buying the book tonight. I'm trés excited.

Huish -- you in?

Post a Comment