Thursday, March 13, 2008

Walk-Outs, Weddings, and Max!

This has been a long week...but it's Thursday night...in a few hours it's the weekend and some exciting things are afoot!


First of all, most of my readers know I hate my job. I usually hate my job but this one, and particulaly lately, is by far the most hated. Well, yesterday afternoon, I walked in my boss' office and gave her my two weeks' notice. ...I know, right? Now, before you ask, no...I do NOT have a new job yet. But a week ago I put my resume on http://www.monster.com/ and already I've had 5 calls, 4 emails, and one fabulous interview (for which I have a second one on Monday!). So I'm not worried - obviously there is work for document controllers in Houston. And let me tell you - it feels AMAZING to do this on my own terms. Because I don't have a job yet, it's like I'm saying, "This place is horrible, hateful, and sucks the very marrow from my bones." If I already had a job, it'd be like, "...I have a new job. Peace out." It's kinda been exciting around the office...mostly because I quit the day after another one of the document controllers...yeah...we're hoping to start a trend.


Second of all, this weekend my brother-in-law James is getting married! James was on his mission when Andrew and I got married so I've only known him for about 6 months. He's marrying a wicked cute girl named Kristen, who was also on her mission when we got married, and who James has been dating for about 4 years. They're tying the knot in the San Antonio temple which means...road trip! Tomorrow after work, Andrew and I are packing up the car and hitting the open road! ...Ok, it's only a 2 1/2 hour trip. But still! Road trip! Plus also...hotel! Freak, there are few things I love more than staying in hotels.........but one of them is...

Max!! Max is coming! Remember how in that last paragraph I talking about going on a road trip right after work? Well, in between those two things, we're stopping off at my parents' house to see the cutest boy in the whole wide fraking world - -MAX! My brother and his wife will be there too...and that'll be nice, I guess. But Max! Oh, Max, how are cute are you?! Let's take a look, shall we?












Still not convinced he's the greatest kid ever? ...Put THIS in your pipe...you'll know what to do with it:
And this is why I almost don't mind the fact that I've had a headache for 3 weeks...I've got walk-outs, weddings, and Max in my life...what else do you freaking need?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
11:39 AM  

Great Googly-Moogly, that boy is cute! Tell Eric and Monica they should bottle that up and sell it on e-bay!

And rock on, Susan for bailing on a stupid job! That's gotta' feel awesome.

Zachary said...
5:45 PM  

Dang straight he is a cute kid! Just look at his aunts and uncles, and you know he will be cool too.

Post a Comment