Monday, August 11, 2008

Finger Finish

I have been obessed with Olympic swimming since 1992 in Barcelona when Jenny Thompson was at the height of her career and, along with Summer Sanders, pretty much inspired me quit theatre (briefly) to pursue my dream of being a gold-medal swimmer (apparently they want you to actually know how to "swim"...commies...).

I've watched a LOT of swimming races since then...but I have never - NEVER - seen a race like the Men's 4x100 Freestyle Relay last night. Holy crap...I couldn't sleep last night, I was so excited. And my head is still reeling...and my heart is till glowing Olympic gold.

Now, come on, Mr. Phelps!! Six more to go!!

3 comments:

Harriet Toothfighter said...
4:29 PM  

I seriously thought about the whole time I was watching it. I then couldn't go to bed afterwards for two hours because I had so much adrenaline pumping in my veins. So. Freaking. Exciting.

Harriet Toothfighter said...
4:29 PM  

And I meant that I seriously thought about YOU the whole time. I"m still so excited about it that I can't even type correctly.

heather said...
3:31 AM  

I know, right!? I saw it, too, and it was like...whoa! And they were like behind the whole time and then suddenly, watch out! Here comes the Amis!!

Post a Comment